Answers must be written in Assamese
Section-A – Language
(a) History of the origin and development of the Assamese language-its position among the Indo-Aryan Languages-periods in its history.
(b) Developments of Assamese prose.
(c) Vowels and consonants of the Assamese languages-rules of phonetic changes with stress on Assamese coming down from Old Indo-Aryan.
(d) Assamese vocabulary-and its sources.
(e) Morphology of the language-conjugation-enclitic definitives and pleonastic suffixes.
(f) Dilectical divergences-the standard colloquial and the Kamrupi dialect in particulars.
(g) Assamese scripts-its evolution through the ages till 19th century A.D.
Section-B – Literary Criticism and Literary History
(a) Principles of Literary criticism up to New criticism.
(b) Different literary genres.
(c) Development of literary forms in Assamese.
(d) Development of literary criticism in Assamese.
(e) Periods of the literary history of Assam from the earliest beginnings, i.e. from the period of the charyyageets with their socio-cultural background : the proto Assamese-Pre-Sankaradeva-Sankaradeva-post Sankaradeva-Modern period (from the coming of the Britishers)-Post-Independence period. Special emphasis is to be given on the Vaisnavite period, the gonaki and the post-Independence period.
This paper will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the candidates’ critical ability. Answers must be written in Assamese.
Rãmãyana (Ayodhya Kãnda only)-by Madhava Kandali.
Rãsakrïdã-by Sankaradeva (From Kirtana Ghosa).
Kãthã-Bhãgavata (Books I and II)-by Baikunthanath Bhattacharyya.
Gurucarit-Kathã (Sankaradeva’s Part only)-ed. by Maheswar Neog.
Mor Jeevan Soñwaran-by Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
Kripãbar Barbaruãr Kãkatar Topola-by Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
Pratimã-by Chandra Kumar Agarwalla.
Gãoñburhã-by Padmanath Gohain Barua.
Monamatî-by Rajanikanta Bordoloi.
Purani Asamîyã Sãhitya-by Banikanta Kakati.
Kãrengar Ligirî-by Jyotiprasad Agarwalla
Jeevanar Bãtat-by Bina Barwa (Birinchi Kumar Barua)
Mrityunjoy-by Birendrakumar Bhattachary-ya
Samrãt-by Navakanta Barua.
- Bargeet-by Madhava Deva
- Gaonburha-by Padmanath Gohain Barua.
- Gurucarit-Katha (Sankaradeva Part only)-ed. by Maheswar Neog.
- Jeevanar Batat-by Bina Barwa (Birinchi Kumar Barua)
- Karengar Ligiri-by Jyotiprasad Agarwalla
- Katha-Bhagavata (Books I and II)-by Baikuntha Nath Bhattacharyya.
- Kripabar Barbaruar Kakatar Topola-by Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
- Monamati-by Rajanikanta Bordoloi.
- Mor Jeevan Sonwaran-by Lakshminath Bezbaroa.
- Mrityunjoy-by Birendrakumar Bhattachary-ya
- Parijat-Harana-by Sankaradeva
- Pratima-by Chandra Kumar Agarwalla.
- Purani Asamiya Sahitya-by Banikanta Kakati.
- Rajasurya by Madhava Deva.
- Ramayana (Ayodhya Kanda only)-by Madhava Kandali.
- Rasakrida by Sankaradeva (From Kirtana Ghosa).
- Samrat-by Navakanta Barua.
Previous Year Question Papers:
|Paper – 1||Paper – 1||Paper – 1||Paper – 1||Paper 1|