General Studies Paper 2
- A code of conduct for MPs and MLAs holds the key to good, people-centred governance. The need of the hour is to evolve a consensus on the code of conduct for the elected representatives to ensure that people do not lose faith in our democracy. Discuss. 10M
- Sexual harassment in workplaces is being recognised – but much more must be done. Suggest measures to be undertaken for building a healthy work culture. 10M
- Japan-America-India (JAI) partnership is just an old wine in a new bottle, but with ever increasing strategic necessity. Comment. 10M
- The ‘Citizen’ in Citizen Charter is a misnomer. Comment. 10M
- “The Civil Services should rapidly adapt and change if it is to remain the steel frame and not become the steel cage of India”. Discuss the major reforms required in Indian bureaucracy so as enable it to face the 21st century challenges. Also highlight the need for balancing the bureaucracy with ‘lateral entry’. 10M
- Reservation of seats in legislature is needed to ensure meaningful political participation of women and to make the democratic process truly inclusive. Discuss the statement in the light of 108th Constitution Amendment Bill. 10M
- Write a short note on India Enterprise Architecture (IndEA) framework. Highlighting its main principles, examine how its full fledged implementation can improve the existing governance landscape of India. 10M
- Discuss what effect recent scrapping of article 370 has on the security front in Kashmir. 10M
- It is believed that tribunals are a panacea for judicial efficiency. Do you agree? How does tribunalisation of justice undermine the principles set in our constitution? 10M
- Public interest litigation has become an industry of vested interests, it is a travesty of justice for the resources of the legal system to be consumed by an avalanche of misdirected public interest petitions. Critically Analyse. 10M
- The China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is viewed as a cardinal subset of China’s larger ‘One Belt One Road’ initiative. Give a brief description of CPEC and enumerate the reasons why India has distanced itself from the same. 15M
- Discuss the role played by Indian Diaspora in India’s development and in the promotion of India’s foreign policy. Also mention the policy initiatives taken by the government towards the Diaspora engagement. 15M
- Declaring Indian Ocean as a “zone of peace” is critical for the world and for India. Discuss. Also highlight some recent initiatives towards bolstering peace and security in Indian Ocean Region (IOR). 15M
- Highlighting the significance of data localization for India, discuss various challenges associated with data localization. 15M
- Money Laundering as a socio economic offence is a menace especially for developing countries like India. Comment. What measures have been taken at the domestic and international levels to deal with this menace? 15M
- Give an account of the status of the primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare sectors in India. How far do you think has the focus of our health policy been lopsided with an excessive focus on tertiary care? Give arguments to justify your answer. 15M
- Implementation of Right to Information (RTI) Act can reach its true zenith, only if key entities in our democracy are brought under its ambit. Discuss. 15M
- Despite initiatives taken by the government in recent years to address the challenges of the Indian higher education system, many reforms are still required to improve its quality and enhance its relevance. Analyse. 15M
- India needs to balance its growing water needs and larger security concerns with effective hydro- diplomacy. Highlighting the challenges faced with regard to transboundary rivers, analyze this statement in the context of India’s riparian relations with its neighbours.
- What is U.S.’s Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) program. How would removal from it would impact India? What course of action according to your government must take?
Students should write the answers and mail to email@example.com for free evaluation.
Answer synopsis shall be provided in the respective student portals.
Join our program now and study smartly towards your dream
Our App link:
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iasjunior