Skip to content
- Deciding factor of your final ranking
- 500 marks out of 2025
- Choose optional that
- Interests you
- Has less syllabus
- Is not too time consuming to prepare
- Is Scoring (Some popular optional subjects have become difficult to score)
- – How to find out
- Shortlist optional subjects using above tips
- Overview entire optional syllabus
- Overview previous year question papers
- Choose a topic from the optional and read on that topic from online or books
- Try writing answer to previous year questions from that topic.
- Repeat the same for other shortlisted optional subjects
- Find out which subject was interesting to read and understand, comfortable to answer.
- You will surely cut it down to one favourable optional subjects after this exercise
- Many aspirants fail to clear the exam because they fail to choose their right optional subject. So never miss on this exercise.
Click HERE to go through various optional subjects – syllabus, strategy, reference books and previous year question papers