TOPIC : Project ‘SPARROW-CBIC’
Topic in Syllabus: General Studies Paper 3: Indian Economy
Project ‘SPARROW-CBIC’ for online writing of Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) in SPARROW (Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Online Window) for Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ Officers of Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) implemented.
About Project SPARROW
- Online writing of APARs in SPARROW for IRS (C&CE) Officers has already been implemented w.e.f. 2016-17.
- As part of CBIC’s constant endeavor for better HR management, online writing of APARs in SPARROW has now been launched for over 46,000 Group B & C officers of CBIC, working in its various formations all across the country.
- It is being implemented in over 400 formations of CBIC across the country.
- SPARROW-CBIC is one of its kind in terms of Scale/ number of employees covered as far as Central Government Departments are concerned.
- It brings a complete change in APAR management of such large number of Group ‘B’ & ‘C’ Officers/ Staff of CBIC, which would, in turn, lead to better HR Management.
The Directorate General of Human Resource Management (DGHRM), the HR arm of Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) is the implementing it
- This Project leverages modern technology for enhancing the overall efficiency and morale of the huge workforce working in Central GST and Customs formations of CBIC.
- The Project is an important milestone in the journey towards digitisation and paper less working.
Is project SPARROW a good initiative for better management? Discuss its advantages.