Topic : Bhabha Kavach
Topic in Syllabus: Science & Technology
- It is the India’s lightest and cheapest ‘bullet-proof jacket’ for the CRPF and the Ministry of Home Affairs personnel.
- It is indigenously developed by the Ordnance Factories Board, a public sector undertaking MIDHANI along with BARC.
- It is named after nuclear physicist Dr.Homi J. Bhabha.
- The jacket weighs just 6.6 kg in comparison to the 17-kg jackets in use.
- It can shield from AK-47 (7.62 mm hard steel bullets), SLR and INSAS (5.56 mm) weaponry.
- It is made using extremely hard boron carbide ceramics, carbon nano-tubes and composite polymer.
- It is available in 3 variants as per the requirement of the armed forces.
- BARC has transferred the technology to Mishra Dhatu Nigam, Hyderabad, for its large-scale production.
Bhabha Kavach is the lightest and a better jacket now available for Indian Defense forces which will be a great piece of equipment for India’s paramilitary forces and state police forces operating in Naxalite areas. Right from development stage, the developers received immense response from armed forces for Bhabha Kavach
Which of the following about the role of Indian Coast Guard is/are correct?
- Indian Coast Guard has been entrusted with the offshore security coordination authority
- Lead intelligence agency for coastal and sea border
- Coastal security in territorial waters
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
a. 1 and 3 only
b. 1, 2 and 3
c. 1 and 2 only
d. 3 only