Topic:‘Study in India’ programme to encourage international students to India
Topic in Syllabus: Indian Society – Education
To facilitate Internationalization of Higher Education in India, a Programme viz. ‘Study in India’ is under implementation.
- To make India a preferred education destination/hub for foreign students;
- Improve the soft power of India with focus on the neighbouring countries
- Use it as a tool in diplomacy;
- To rapidly increase the inflow of inbound International Students in India through systematic brand-building,
- Marketing, social media and digital marketing campaigns;
- To increase India’s market share of global education exports;
- Improvement in overall quality of higher education;
- To reduce the export-import imbalance in the number of international students;
- Growth in India’s global market share of International students;
- Increase in global ranking of India etc.
Attracting International Students :
- The programme focuses on attracting International students from select 30 plus countries across South-East Asia, Middle East and Africa.
- The programme envisages participation of select reputed Indian institutes/universities by way of offering seats for the International students at affordable rates, along with fee waivers to meritorious foreign students ranging from 100% to 25%.
- A centralised admission web-portal (https://studyinindia.gov.in) acts as a single window for the admission of foreign students.
With the increase in number of foreign students, the global ranking of the Indian Higher Educational institutions will improve.
The domestic students shall be exposed to a more diverse peer group and also get greater International exposure culminating in enhanced interest of Indian students to study in the country.
Match List – I with List-Il and select the correct answer from the code given below:
List – I (Institutions) List – II (Locations)
(a) The Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) (i) Shimla
(b) The Indian Institute of Advanced Studies (IIAS) (ii) New Delhi
(c) The Indian Council of Philosophical Research (ICPR) (iii) Banglore
(d) The Central Institute of Coastal Engineering for fisheries (iv) Lucknow
a b c d
(A) ii i iv iii
(B) i ii iii iv
(C) ii iv i iii
(D) iv iii ii i