Topic : Kajin Sara lake – World’s Highest Lake
Topic in Syllabus: Ecology & Environment
A newly-discovered lake “Kajin Sara” in Manang district of Nepal is likely to set a new record of being the world’s highest lake replacing Tilicho.
Lake Kajin Sara:
- The lake was discovered about a few months ago.
- It is located at Singarkharka area of Chame rural municipality.
- The lake is located at an altitude of 5,200 metres (yet to be officially verified).
- It is estimated to be 1,500-metre-long and 600-metre-wide.
- The lake would be the world’s highest lake if its altitude of 5000-plus metres is officially verified.
Lake Tilcho :
- Tilicho is situated at an altitude of 4,919 metres in the Himalayan nation and currently holding the title of World’s highest lake.
- The Tilicho lake, situated at an altitude of 4,919 metres, is 4 km long, 1.2 km wide and around 200 metres deep.
Kajin Sara lake is located in which country?