Memorize it thoroughly. Very Very Important!!
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for GS Paper 1
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy,
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus for GS Paper 2 (CSAT)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level)
- Data Interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. (Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
Follow these steps carefully
- Memorize UPSC Prelims and Mains Syllabus. Literally mug it up!
- Go through UPSC Previous Year Qps and Solutions. Don’t Worry about how much you know. Just go through it patiently. Need to do several times gradually.
- Read NCERTs. All text books (6th to 12th) for History, Geography and Polity. Selected text books for Economy and General Science. Don’t spend too much time in first reading. You can finish a book in max 2 to 3 days (real bulky one!. Otherwise one day couple of hours will do).
- Read any one newspaper ( The Hindu / Indian Express)
- Make your own schedule and complete daily targets consistently
- Minimum Resource. Maximum Revision. One book per subject max apart from NCERT and read at least thrice for retention and assimilation.
- Join Our Mentor Programme to follow a schedule, revision plan and to give tests – Disciplining your preparation is very very important.
- Solve as many practice questions as possible. UPSC Quiz, IAS junior Quiz, Practice MCQs etc
- Meditate. Enjoy Learning Process. You should be happy and content with your preparation. Rest will all fall in place.
- Blend of hardwork, smartwork, presence of mind and being calm – Mantra of Success
|Current events of national and international importance.||The Hindu / Indian Express / Follow any one online website|
|History of India and Indian National Movement.||Ancient India, Medieval India – Old 11th NCERT |
Art and Culture – 11th Fine Arts book (To be read atleast 4-5 times)
Visiting Museums will help too.
Indian National Movement – Bipin Chandra’s Struggle for Independence.
Indian History – Spectrum.
|Indian and World Geography||Class 11th and 12th New NCERTS|
GC Leong for Physical Geography
|Indian Polity and Governance||Indian Polity – Laxmikanth|
|Indian Economy and Social Development||Economic Survey. |
Class 12th NCERT for Macroeconomics basics.
Mrunal Youtube Videos
Investopedia/Arthpedia to understand economics terminologies.
|General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change.||Shankar’s Environment|
Ministry of Environment Website – for reference only
|General Science||NCERTS and Science & Technology News|
Previous Year QPs and Solutions
Model OMR Sheet
Previous Years UPSC Cut Offs & UPSC Trend Analysis
Science & Tech
|2018||98/200||15 + 6||13+5||9||11||9||9||22|