Weekly Current Affairs Mains (3rd to 9th January, 2019)
Topic: India’s Educational system
Topic in Syllabus: GS Paper 1 : Indian Society
Education is the real important factor in human life as it is a fundamental to human progress. According to Martin Luther King Jr. “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character that is the goal of true education. “.Education plays a vital role in overall development of an individual and building up a society. Good education today will bring us better tomorrow. As it is said that our future lies in the hands of the present. If we nurture our present education system it will bring us better tomorrow.
Topic: Lok Sabha passes DNA technology Bill
Topic in Syllabus: GS Paper 3 : Science & Technology
The Lok Sabha on recently passed the DNA Technology (Use and Application) Regulation Bill, 2018 which would regulate the use of DNA technology to establish the identity of persons, including offenders, victims, suspects and undertrials, in connection with criminal and civil matters such as parentage disputes, emigration or immigration, and transplantation of human organs.
Topic: Simultaneous Elections in India
Topic in Syllabus: GS Paper 2 : Indian Polity
Defining “Simultaneous Elections”:
The term “Simultaneous Elections”, ideally simultaneous elections should imply that elections to all the three tiers of constitutional institutions take place in a synchronized and coordinated fashion. What this effectively means is that a voter casts his vote for electing members for all tiers of the Government on a single day.
The term “Simultaneous Elections” would broadly mean structuring the Indian election cycle in a manner that elections to Lok Sabha and State Assemblies are synchronized together. In such a scenario, a voter would normally cast his/her vote for electing members of Lok Sabha and State Assembly on a single day and at the same time.
Topic: Ayushman Bharat- A Revolutionary step towards public health
Topic in Syllabus: GS Paper 1: Indian Society
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, in his Independence Day speech of 2018, announced the launch of the Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Scheme (AB-NHPS).
- He said that the national health insurance scheme will be rolled out on a pilot basis in some states.
- The full-scale roll-out of the project is expected to be in September end.
- On September 23, 2018, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Ayushman Bharat, world’s largest government-funded healthcare scheme in Jharkhand’s capital Ranchi.
- The Centre’s flagship scheme has been renamed as PM Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
- The scheme will become operational from September 25 on the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay.
Topic: The Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2018
Topic in Syllabus: GS Paper 2 : Indian Governance
The Lok Sabha has passed a bill to amend three laws to provide legal support to the government’s decision to allow voluntary linkage of Aadhaar with mobile phone numbers and bank accounts.
For any Queries/guidance: please mail to email@example.com
All the best 🙂